Saturday, October 3, 2009

Over Achiever

Tonight, we went to church, as we have been on Saturday nights lately. We arrived, unloaded the car and realized that neither of us had brought the baby bag. We normally check her into the nursery but couldn't do it without a bottle or diapers. Rather than scrapping the whole plan, we decided to take Avery to the service and hold out as long as she could. Ryann loves to go play at church so I knew it would be a disaster if we turned around and headed home.

Fortunately, Avery sat through the entire service with us with only a few whimpers toward the end. We were able to avoid the hungry screaming and nasty diaper that we anticipated. Instead, we discovered a wonderful development. As we played with Avery during the service, Scott said, "she has teeth." I thought he was insane. How could I have not noticed one much less more than one. I looked in her mouth and there they were, two brand new teeth growing in side by side on the bottom. Wow! Not only did they sprout seemingly overnight but there are two at the same time! I remember Ryann getting one when she was 6 1/2 months then another a few weeks later. I guess since it was Avery's 5 month birthday, she just went for it. Maybe next week she'll get the rest. Who knows?! I think she's just an over achiever. :0)

No comments: