Friday, October 9, 2009

Celebrating Small Victories

Today was a day to celebrate small victories.

First, I stepped on the scale this morning for my weekly weigh-in and found that I had lost 2.5 pounds. That brings my total to 31 pounds since I started Weight Watchers in June. I'm pretty excited about that. What do I get as a reward? Less food each day. Each time you drop 10 pounds in WW, you lose a point from your daily budget. I'm happy about the progress but that doesn't seem like much of a reward. :0)

The second victory to celebrate is a little progress toward potty training. Ryann has gone 2 days without diapers, except when she sleeps. She has a cute little froggy potty and Ariel undies. However, I have been doing a lot of clean up and laundry. Day 1 was rough but Day 2 brought only 2 accidents. She has proven that she has control when she wants to. I have had to bribe her with TV or trips outside at times. My child is quite stubborn. Where on Earth does she get it from? I'm looking forward to an even better day tomorrow. I am determined to win this potty war whether she likes it or not! (Maybe I know where she gets the stubbornness from.)

1 comment:

Doc said...

Strong work. Keep it up. I'm down 22 lbs. myself.