Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Weekend Get-Away

Scott and I had a rare opportunity last weekend. We drove to LA to see the Cougs play at UCLA. The best part is,...we went alone. One of my most wonderful friends, Annie, offered to stay at our house with the girls for the weekend so Scott and I could get away together. It was great to have some grown-up time without kids or responsibilities. We went to the Rose Bowl for the game. It was a good game, even though the Cougs ended up losing. In keeping with our Cougs game tradition, they gave up 40 points or more and lost, as they have every game we've attended together.
After the game, we stayed in Glendale, CA. We went to dinner, a movie, and ice cream. We had a great time but we were definitely tired after such a long day of fun. We got back Sunday around noon. Annie claims that the girls were very good. Hmmm...my kids? I'm glad. They had fun and so did we. It's nice for Scott and I to have time as a couple once in a while. Thanks, Annie!

No comments: