Friday, September 17, 2010

Pay It Forward...or something like that

We had a guest pastor a couple of weeks ago at church. He talked about showing people love in small ways. He called it guerrilla love. I took it to heart and tried to put it in practice. There was a police officer that kept parking outside our houe so I decided to make him cookies. Well, that plan backfired because it took to long to make cookies and he didn't come back. By then, I was on a mission. The UPS guy came to deliver a package to the neighbors so I ran out there and offered him a plate of cookies. He was appreciative and said he had only eaten once that day so he thanked me. I was pretty happy with that but I had more cookies left so I took them in to the office staff at school. The interesting thing is what I've noticed since then. A friend of mine got an anonymous card with a few bucks to send her on her way as she traveled out of town for the weekend. I've had people offer all kinds of help to me. I covered a duty for someone and they gave me a soda and treats. I see people helping eachother all over my school. It's been amazing to see how many nice things people have done for one another. When I thought about it, I first thought it was like a pay it forward thing. Then, I thought about all the things people have done for me long before this and how I try to help others whenever I can. I came to the conclusion that I just have a great group of friends and coworkers that really support one another. My wonderful husband has been helping to free me up for work time when I need it. My mom is coming soon to babysit. A friend is spending the night with my kids so Scott and I can go to a Cougs game in LA in a couple of weeks. My friends and family are fantastic! I truly am blessed and I'm incredibly grateful. This year is insane with my added responsibilies and projects. The amazing people in my life have already made it way easier on me. Thanks everyone!

No comments: