Sunday, October 10, 2010

Time to Take a Breath



Fall break has finally arrived. We have the next two weeks off from school. My mom is here for a visit. She watched them a few days last week while I had long days. She'll watch them Monday, too. I'll be teaching intersession for the first four days but will have at least a week to spend with the girls. I feel a lot more relaxed this weekend, even though I still have to teach this week. I finished assessments, report cards, and parent conferences. Now, I can breathe a little as I prepare for the next quarter. Next quarter, I have a couple of formal lessons to videotape, writing to do, and I'll begin coaching cheerleading in November in addition to all of my usual responsibilities. I have lots to do so I need to get ahead during break if I can.

Most importantly, I need to spend more time with the girls during break. We get so busy during each quarter that I miss them a lot. This weekend, I've been spending lots of playtime with them. Avery has beaten me up pretty well. She's a little rough with her love. I often get head-butted from vigorous hugs or pinched or poked from playing games. I do enjoy having the little monkeys tackle me on the carpet. They are super giggly and fun right now. Avery is walking very well now and is into trouble all the time. Ryann is becoming a good helper. She has really matured in the past couple of months. Here is a video of our Avi-bug walking and a couple of pictures of our girls.


1 comment:

Christy said...

Is that Ryann's Halloween costume? I have the same one!