Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Holidays Have Arrived

The holidays have officially arrived when we drag the whole family to get a portrait taken. We tried to kill 2 birds with one stone by doing it with Avery's six month photos. I think I blew it on several counts.
First, I made Avery wear the same dress Ryann did at 6 months. I just love it and it's like brand new. Poor kid.
Second, Avery has been in desperate need of a haircut. She had long, full hair until a month or so ago when it started to thin, leaving a scraggly mess. I have some sort of sentimental resistance to cutting it. Ryann has still never had a cut. After seeing the pictures, Avery got a trim.

Third, I forgot to have the photographer take a picture of the girls together without Scott & I. I was so worried about letting Ryann go play, I settled for "good enough." She was much better this time. I should have relaxed and thought about it.

Fourth, I looked horrible in the photos so I hate them all. I was having a bad hair day and I chose a bad outfit. I feel like all my weight loss isn't apparent at all. Ugh!!!

Lastly, I managed to abandon both kids during the outing. Ryann took off in the store while we were deciding what pictures to buy. We didn't notice until someone asked if anyone had lost a little girl. I frantically went searching and Ryann kept going around in JC Penney until I caught her. While Scott and I searched for Ryann, we forgot about Avery, sitting in the stroller in the portrait studio. It wasn't our most shining parental moment. Thankfully, everyone was reunited without incident.
As a result of our outing, we have our 2009 family portrait to dislike forever. I would love a mulligan on this one but I know neither Scott nor I are ready to try it again yet. Maybe next year...... (It's natural for me to say that, being a Mets fan.)

No comments: