Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer's Coming to a Close

If I were still in NY, I'd just be settling into my summer routine, with a month off of work ahead of me. Well, I'm in AZ. That means that summer is just about over. I start work on Tuesday, July 28th. I've already spent 3 days at school and countless hours at home preparing for the new school year. I've always loved the beginning of the school year, even as a student. I guess that's one of the reasons I wanted to be a teacher. You get a fresh start every year. It's so exciting! I always have big plans for the most successful year ever. However, by the third or fourth week of school, the novelty has worn off and I'm ready for fall break. Unfortuantely, the first quarter is 9 weeks long. :0) The beautiful thing about our school calendar here is that we finish a quarter, get a 2 week break, recharge, and start a new quarter. It's sort of like the first day of school 4 times a year. Well, sort of. Nothing beats the real first day. :0)

On the flip side, there is one bad thing about the school year starting. I don't get to spend every day with my kids. I admit, I do get stir crazy and, sometimes frustrated, but I do love my time with my girls. Avery starts daycare on Tuesday. I'm very sad about it but I know she's in good hands and she's less than a mile from my school. Ryann loves it there and has always had a good experience. It's just hard to let go. If only I could take the girls to work with me. :0)
Here's a picture of something Ryann and I did almost every day this summer...the froggy pool.

No comments: