Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Doctor Visit

I almost forgot to write about our first joint doctor visit. It was great fun.
Last Thursday, I took both girls to the doctor. Ryann had her 2 year well visit and Avery had a 2 week weight check. It was quite an adventure juggling both girls.

Ryann is officially a big girl now. She had to stand on a scale to get her weight and stand against the wall for her height measurement. This was the first time that they didn't lay her down on the baby scale. She didn't really like the whole process. She cried a bit. She weighed 27.8 pounds and was 33.5 inches tall. That puts her at the 50th percentile for both. I guess you could say that our child is definitely average. :0) The doctor checked her out and talked to her. She said she looks very healthy and is talking well for her age. Then, Ryann got a shot. She looked at us like, "how could you do that?" I always feel guilty when that happens but I know it's for her own good.

Avery had gone to the doctor a few days after we brought her home. She weighed 7 pounds 15 ounces that day. The doctor said we should give her formula & not stress over breastfeeding. We have been doing both. This time, she weighed in at 8 pounds 12.5 ounces. She finally got back to her birthweight. The doctor said they look for kids to be back at birthweight by 2 weeks. Avery took closer to 3 weeks but she's there. She's a great little eater. She's averaging an ounce per hour all day long. I'm sure she'll be chubby in no time.

Overall, it wasn't as bad as I feared. We got through it then took lunch over to Scott to fill him in. It was quite an outing. Avery has to go back at 2 months. Ryann doesn't have to go until she's 3. I guess I won't have to take them together again for quite a while. Sounds good to me. :0)

No comments: