Sunday, August 15, 2010

1 Down, 37 To Go

I survived Week 1 of the school year. It went fairly smoothly. The kids seem nice. The only problem....there are only 21 of them. In a normal world, I'd say, "Yippee! A small class!" In the world we live in today, I say, "Oh No! Something bad's coming." Since some classes in the district have closer to 40 kids, the 4 of us are sweating bullets. Ugh! I guess I'll enjoy the small class while it lasts. Who knows what could happen?!

Another little wrench in the beginning of school is that I have to take 2 days off right at the beginning of the year. I'll be taking this Friday and the following Monday off to attend Keelan's wedding in Washington. (Scott's brother for those who don't know him.) We're really looking forward to the event and some family time but I dread making sub plans and missing 2 consecutive work days. I'll try to plan my best and try not to stress until Tuesday. :0) We haven't been to Washington in a long time so we're excited. Avery's never met some of Scott's family. She's also never been on an airplane. So Thursday night, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we fly with two little critters for 3+hours. :0)

No comments: