Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Today is Scott's birthday. Unfortunately, he's spending most of it at the ballpark again this year. I'm hoping to see him for a late dinner tonight. The girls and I spent most of the day yesterday preparing for his birthday. We shopped for cake supplies first thing in the morning. Then, Ryann and I baked the cake. We tried to make a chocolate & green checkerboard cake. It didn't come out as perfectly as I would prefer but it was cool. I tried my hand at decorating with fondant while Ryann was napping. I've been wanting to learn so I just went for it. Here's a picture of the "finished" product. I'm thinking of taking a class at Michael's to improve my technique. It's super fun but tricky. Anyway, Scott didn't want to wait until his birthday was over to have some cake so he enjoyed some last night and took more to work today. That was pretty much all the excitement for the occasion. Of course, Ryann can't stop talking about her birthday coming up. I made her calendars today so we can cross off the days. I hope that will help her get through to May 16. :0)
We spent our morning at the library. I took the girls for story time. They really liked it. Now, the girls are sleeping so I'm catching up on some things. Hopefully, we'll see Scott in a few hours.

1 comment:

Doc said...

Great job with the cake. Wish Scott a happy belated birthday for me.