Monday, January 26, 2009

No More Cooties!

All of us have been sick in the last couple of weeks. Scott had a sore throat and cold. I had a cold. Ryann has been sick for a week. Even Keelan, Scott's brother who's staying with us, got sick. Whether I'm bringing cooties from school or Ryann's bringing them from daycare, we've had enough.

It started as a pretty rough weekend for the little one. Ryann had a very hard time sleeping on Friday night. She kept waking up and crying throughout the night. I put the humidifier in her room but I don't know if it helped or not. She was very cranky on Saturday and refused to take either of her normal 2 naps. She just cried and cried but wouldn't allow herself to sleep. Finally, I got her to go to bed for the night and she tried to sleep. She kept waking up, coughing and crying. She had a fever of 100 so I gave her Tylenol a couple of times in the night. I was sure we were headed to urgent care on Sunday. I got her up Sunday morning and checked for fever...nothing. She ate her breakfast and played. She wanted to go outside so I took her to the park. She coughed and had a runny nose but was actually happy and pretty healthy all day. Phew! I was relieved that she was better. I feel so bad whe she's sick. She's so pathetic acting and there's nothing I can do to help. Today, she had another great day. I love the days when she's happy. :0)

Apparently her little sister is happy, too. She never stops wiggling in there! She is so much more active than Ryann was. I feel her rumbling around in there all day and into the night. She hasn't woken me up yet, though, so that's good. I have a feeling she's going to be a handful when she comes out into the world. It's getting closer. Only 14 weeks left. I just hope I don't end up completely round by the end. I've already gained a lot more weight than I did through my whole pregnancy for Ryann. Oops!

No comments: