Thursday, October 9, 2008

Trouble With Sharing

As Ryann gets older, I have discovered a problem...sharing. It isn't as easy as I thought. I'm not talking about Ryann, either. This picture is Ryann playing with MY Pooh Bear. I have had that bear since before I was born, if that's possible. He has lived with me my whole life, sometimes in more inconspicuous places. When I was in college, he rode to Cortland every fall and from Cortland every spring in the front seat of my car. I know how odd that is, but it's true.
Since we've been married, Pooh has been in our bedroom in the armoire. When we moved, he was placed in the top of a box, which Ryann spotted soon after we arrived in the new house. She has been very helpful with the unpacking. :0) So, while I think it's cute that she likes the bear that I have loved for 35 years, I cringe when I see her dragging him by one ear or bashing him on the floor. I guess as she grows up, I will learn to share. I guess it's just a growing pain.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Don't feel bad, I still have "Pinky" a bear that is as old as me too.... :) Although he is well hidden from the kids! Hehehe. Love you all. Ryann looks so cute in pigtails! Love it! Sis.

Christy said...

Awwwww, poor Stacy!

But thanks for the heads up on what I've got to look forward to. I'll try to keep MY Pooh safely hidden away from Andrew.