Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall Break

One of the most wonderful things about my job is the time off. Everyone comments about how lucky teachers are to get so much time off. Well, I agree. It's an incredible blessing to be able to spend 2 weeks with my little girl after ever quarter and 7 weeks in the summer. Of course, during the teaching weeks, I see her for about 2 hours a day. That part stinks. Last week, we had report cards and parent/teacher conferences. On Thursday, I was at school from 7am to 8:15pm. Ugh! I missed that whole day of Ryann's life.

Since then, we've been making up for lost time. I took her to the park, right behind our house, on Sunday. The weather was awesome! It's finally cooling down a bit. Ryann is funny about the outdoors. She loves to be outside but isn't sure what to do once she's there. We walked down the sidewalk to the park and I set up a blanket under a tree and had her soccer ball ready. She stood on the edge of the grass staring at me as if she couldn't get to me. After a few paces back and forth, she tested the grass with one toe and was on her way.

It was a beautiful day but our 16 month old attention span lasted about 20 minutes. Then it was time to get moving again.


I have a whole list of things I want to accomplish at the house and for school over the next week or so but I haven't done much yet. We've all had colds and been somewhat lazy. I'm just spending time with Ryann and catching naps when she does. Maybe that's what break is really for anyway.

No comments: