Friday, June 14, 2013

Another Career Update

This year has been crazy. There have been all sorts of changes in our school district as far as staffing goes. Principals were scrambled, new Assistant Principals were hired, and tons of new teachers are still being hired. At my school, our principal was moved to another school. Our assistant principal became the principal, and one of our master teachers became the assistant principal. She had also been the site director of the after school program that I help coordinate. As an AP, she won't have time to do the after school program, so they decided to bring me back! I transferred to another school and back without ever having to move my stuff. :0)
We just got the official word on Wednesday. I'm excited to remain part of the community that I've been in for 8 years and Ryann has become a part of. However, I was looking forward to a change of scenery. I'm sure that might come somewhere down the road. Staying where I am is the best choice for now. I'm excited to stay on my leadership team and take on a new role.
I officially begin my journey as a master teacher on July 24, even though I'll be training and preparing all summer. I'm excited to see how it goes.

No comments: