Saturday, April 6, 2013

Career News

For the past eight years I've been at a school that I have really liked. I've met some awesome friends and had some great experiences. I taught special education resource for 2 years, then third grade for 6 years. These last 2 years, I've been a Mentor Teacher and a coordinator for our after school program. I've really enjoyed each role, but doing so much has burned me out. My time with family has definitely suffered. I've decided to make a career move.

I've just been hired to be a Master Teacher at another school in our district, starting next school year. It'll be good because it'll be much more focused. I'll be doing a lot of the same things I did as a Mentor, but without a classroom of kids to be responsible for. I'm looking forward to a new challenge, but I'll really miss my peeps at my old school.

I haven't decided if Ryann will go with me or continue at the school she's known since birth. I guess we'll figure that out before August.

No comments: