Saturday, June 12, 2010

We Made It!

We traveled over 2,400 miles in 4 days but we finally made it to New York. We arrived at my dad's house Wednesday evening. Being as insane as we are, we headed off on another trip on Thursday. We took the girls to their grandma and Scott and I headed to Flushing. We finally made it to see the new home of my NY Mets, Citi Field. We watched the Mets play the Padres. It was a nice day for baseball. It got a little overcast but never rained on us. We even caught a glimpse of Lady Gaga, who sat about 100 ft away in a suite. The Mets lost the game we saw but played another game that night and won. We found our brick outside the stadium. I was ready to give up when I just happened to see "AZ." There it was, "Let's Go Mets! Dobbins Family, Avondale, AZ." I was excited. We got our picture taken in front of the old home run apple, too. It was a nice trip. The only bad part was the drive home. We left the stadium at 4:30 and got home at 10:00. We listened to the whole 7:10 game as we drove. Traffic was ridiculous due to construction, etc.
Friday, we decided to stay home and do nothing. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!
Today, we took the girls to the Discovery Center. Ryann seemed to really like it. They have all kinds of areas to play in. Her favorites were the restaurant and grocery store. After that, we had lunch at my favorite Chinese food place. This afternoon....naps for everyone. I love vacation. :0)

No comments: