Sunday, May 9, 2010

Just One Year

About a week before Avery's birthday, I was giving the girls a bath and noticed the tag on the washcloth. The brand was "Just One Year." I got all teary and mushy thinking about my baby not being a baby anymore. It goes so fast.
Our little Avery turned 1 on Sunday. We had quite a barnyard shindig for her. There were farm animals and balloons everywhere. We had 11 kids and 13 adults. Here is a picture of the cake I made her along with the party favors.

When it came time for cake, she was all about it. As soon as she tasted that sweet frosting, she was hooked. She ate her whole cupcake and another mini one later. When Ryann turned 1, she ate the frosting off but never ate the cake. Avery actually finished hers off by smushing the plate against her face. That's my girl. :0)

The girls spent the evening playing with Avery's new "Little People." They love those. (Notice the matching t-shirts. I'm just that cheesy.)

I'm sad that her first year has already passed but she's more and more fun every day. She still doesn't walk but she has replaced her commando crawl for a real crawl and pulls herself up well. She's content for now. She used to say "Momma" but now will only say, "Daddy." She's taking it one word at a time. I'll be taking both girls to the doctor for check-ups on the 18th. I'll update you on the stats then.

No comments: