Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Foods

Avery had her first baby food today! I gave her some rice cereal with formula in it for breakfast. She did pretty well. She sucked the first few spoonfuls but seemed to catch on. She had a habit of pushing it back out with her tongue and putting her hands in her mouth so it was quite a messy experience. Overall, I think it was a success. She seems ready. Here are a couple of pics of the event. You'll notice that Ryann needed to eat a bowl of baby oatmeal as well. She likes to do what Sissy is doing.


In the spirit of new foods, Ryann decided Avery was ready for goldfish crackers. I was in the kitchen and heard Ryann say, "You're welcome, Sissy." I looked in and Scott was intercepting 2 goldfish crackers from Avery's mouth. Ugh! I'm so glad she didn't start choking on them. I guess Ryann thought since I fed her cereal, she was ready for other stuff as well. She's really something. :0)

No comments: