Monday, March 30, 2009

Baseball & Sunshine

Two of my favorite things about Arizona are baseball and sunshine. However, I think I overdid it a little this past week.

On Tuesday, Keelan and I went to Scott's park to watch the Indians play the White Sox. It was a beautiful sunny day, not too hot, perfect for baseball. However, I had forgotten how sensitive my skin can be in my pregnant state. I came home with one big bad sunburn. Why no sunblock you ask? Well, I seem to be having enough difficulty getting Ryann out of the house in the morning, much less worrying about my own needs. I also forgot my camera, thus, no pictures posted.

On Saturday, Scott finally got another day off. What did we do with it? We went to a baseball game, of course. Scott, Ryann, Keelan, his friend, Adam and I went to the Dodgers' & White Sox's new ballpark to check it out. This time, I smartened up and put on some of Ryann's SPF 50. She and I were both slathered in it and kept reapplying. She did just fine. I ended up looking even redder and got blisters on my previously burnt places. Ugh! Oh, and I forgot the camera again.

So tonight, after my first day back at school, I went to Scott's ballpark again. He had an evening game so Ryann and I went to spend some time with him and catch a little baseball. The Indians were playing the Padres. When we arrived, the sun was out and I feared it. I hid in the shadows until the sun went down. Just when I thought it was safe, I realized it was cold without the sun. I, of course, forgot sweatshirts for Ryann and I. She didn't seem to mind but I'm a baby. That sunshine and I really have a love/hate relationship lately. Oh...and I forgot the camera again.

This week, I think I'll stay out of the sun and let my skin heal up. By next week, spring training will be over and the real season will begin. I get my husband back and I get to watch my Mets on TV. That all sounds pretty good right now. :0)

1 comment:

Christy said...

At least having to work all week kept you out of the sun . . .

Hmmm, which is better . . . working with no sunburn, or enjoying baseball with a sunburn.

Tough call.