Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Doctor Visit


Ryann went to the doctor today for a routine well-baby visit. She weighed in at 22 pounds, 4 ounces and 31 inches long, I think. I might be a little off on the length. At any rate, the doctor said she falls within the 30th percentile for weight and length. Dr. Ring also broke it to us that Ryann probably won't be a NBA star. She said Ryann will probably end up like her mother, on the vertically challenged end of the spectrum. I guess it hasn't hurt me at all so we'll love her anyway. :0) Apparently her height at this age indicates how tall she'll be as an adult. I think that's crazy to think. I'll hold out for a few extra inches and give her lots of milk to grow big and strong. :0) In the meantime, we've ruled out basketball as a scholarship option to WSU.

As I'm sure Ryann would agree, the part we could have lived without was the series of shots. It was time for more immunizations and her flu shot. She cried, I teared up, and then we went home and had snacks to feel better. The pictures show her pretty band-aids on one thigh and her in the high chair, healing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry about the shots Ryann:( Stacy I missed you terribly today and told my whole life story to Mrs. Smith. I hope that she will come back to work tomorrow.